The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dragon Maniac
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
The Dragon Maniac

Male
Number of posts : 50721
Adopted Family: : sometimes i wonder
Job : let's see, Dragon maniac and college work
Credits : 77259
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Character sheet
RPG Name: Dreagorn
Group: Super Sayen
Health:
UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Left_bar_bleue21/21UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Empty
PostSubject: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 14:57

Back to top Go down
Caits
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Caits

Female
Number of posts : 40049
Adopted Family: : ....I'm adopted? what a horrible thing to say.
Job : study is my job. Study study study...
Credits : 65407

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Left_bar_bleue21/21UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 15:35

Are you protesting about wiki being shut down for 24hours (Cause it can still be accessable on iphones and such) or SOPA and PIPA? Are you worried the site will be closed down (If so, its just a simple matter of making sure none of the links posted on here have infringing content, such as links to watching free tv shows on line, or even You tube links and videos) Are you worried that you won't be able to watch TV shows online anymore? Because there's always ways around that.

Personally, even though I don't live in the united states, I don't think either legislation will get passed. It will effect the internet too widely, especially school kids with projects, because I know some of my sights I use have content that link to videos to watch to get a better understanding.It will effect the way people get information, effect the way people use the internet. Its going to effect the whole world if its passed, and I don't see how that can be, unless its passed in every country, otherwise its just America being 'big powerful and mighty'. There's a saying, though, "America sneezes and the whole world catches a cold".

I doubt it will get passed, because there will be an uproar in the public, and it will just be a bad move for the government.
Back to top Go down
The Dragon Maniac
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
The Dragon Maniac

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 15:50

first off, I'm protesting SOPA and PIPA. second off, I'm an ONLINE college student.
Back to top Go down
Caits
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Caits

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 15:55

So am I. .Although mines university. They've tried passing it before, and they failed They'll probably fail again. My governments already shitty, and they wouldn't try something like SOPA and PIPA. it would just completely ruin them. I wouldn't complain about that, seeing as I didn't vote for them.

Anyway, getting off topic there, like I was saying, it will just effect the public, and the world too much, and if they do pass it, there will probably be a legislation within months to ban/dispatch SOPA and PIPA or whatever.

Back to top Go down
Caits
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Caits

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 15:59

Here's a petition if your so worried about it. http://www.change.org/petitions/congressrepresentatives-do-not-pass-the-sopa-sopa-bill

I doubt it will get passed, because it will effect major sites like Facebook (The whole world will be in revolt over that) and Youtube (Again, revolt)

"With this bill being passed it would have the potential to destroy entire sites like Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. Which happen to be a few of the places where people still have jobs left. And doing something as simple like posting a link to your favorite song or even just singing the song yourself can end with you in prison for 5 years. So basically, the bill will basically end up "screwing up" the internet, and turning simple things into undeserved jail time. Which would actually end up with more money, wasted. So maybe now you'll consider why this bill will only make the US economy worse, no better like what congress thinks it will do." (Copied and pasted)
Back to top Go down
The Dragon Maniac
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
The Dragon Maniac

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 16:10

I knew about how big the effect would be and all of the stuff. the only thing that I didn't know was that congress thought that it would improve the economy. besides that, I already know that.
Back to top Go down
Caits
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Caits

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! EmptyWed 18 Jan - 16:14

" House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said early Saturday morning that Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) promised him the House will not vote on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) unless there is consensus on the bill.

“While I remain concerned about Senate action on the Protect IP Act, I am confident that flawed legislation will not be taken up by this House,” Issa said in a statement. “Majority Leader Cantor has assured me that we will continue to work to address outstanding concerns and work to build consensus prior to any anti-piracy legislation coming before the House for a vote.”"

This is from this website http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2012_01/putting_sopa_on_a_shelf034765.php I have no idea how reliable it is, but it seems pretty good the whole article seems good, but then again, it was posted on Sunday, so...it seems as if there's been miscommunication, which often seems to happen in governments.

The congress is stupid if it thinks it will improve the economy. So many people do their jobs on the internet, and those legislation just basically put their jobs at risk. And then its a chain reaction-no job, no money, no shopping which means no money for the economy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!   UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM! Empty

Back to top Go down

UH-OH! BIG PROBLEM!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadow Forum :: Chat Center :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: