The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Number of posts : 212
Credits : 21368
Registration date : 2013-02-20

Character sheet
RPG Name: Daimein
Group:
Health:
Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Left_bar_bleue21/21Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Empty
PostSubject: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptyThu 7 Mar - 22:54

Any thrash metal fans or melodic death fans here.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male
Number of posts : 41001
Credits : 75320
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 21:44

Im a fan of all music Metal or otherwise Razz who you into?
Back to top Go down
http://shadow.allgoo.net
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:
Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Left_bar_bleue21/21Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 21:46

Metallica, Sigh, Slayer and dragonforce like bands. I really will listen to anykind of metal what bands do you like.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 21:56

Just an overview.

Classic Bands:
Metallica
Quiet Riot
Motley Crue
Black Sabbath
Extol
Mortification

Recent:
Slipknot
Disturbed
KoRn
Painface
System Of A Down

Metalcore:
TDWP
For Today
Wolves At the Gate
Deathcore:
Impending Doom
Whitechapel
The Gun Show
In The Midst Of Lions
Betraying The Martyrs
Suicide Silence

Just to list a few lol
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:02

It would take forever to list my favorites but here are a few more.

Thrash metal.
-Overkill
-Annihilator
-Testament
-Megadeth
-Anthrax

Death
-Darkthrone
-Sigh
-Before the dawn
- Cannibal corpes

Nu metal
-Slipknot
-Korn

Regular metal

-Avenged sevenfold
-Bring me the horizon
-Disturbed
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:06

Darkthrone is black metal i believe. Im not a huge black metal fan, And i only like one song by BMTH they are more metalcore. PRay For Plauges is the only song i like, his vocals after the Count Your Blessings album suucked. Im not a huge Ax7 fan (Only like Bat Country). Disturbed is good every now and then but they sound the same after a while. Never heard of Sigh, not a huge Corpse fan (respected but not a fan). Thrash isnt my main genre but i can dig some of it. I like deathrash more than rgular
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:11

Same but sometimes they sound like death metal to me. Well I only listen to older bring me the horizon. Well I really love avenged sevenfold. There one of my top favorites. You should try sigh though there pretty good and I am not really a listener of there kind of style. Thrash and power metal are tied for my favorite genre.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:14

Im into the heavier stuff. Death Metal, Some grindcore (not much though), Deathcore, etc. Im trying to start a deathcore band, i just need a drumer
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:19

I like the heavier stuff as well but I like power metal kind of guitar work more than death and black kind of thing. I want to start a thrash/death metal band but I cannot get a bass player and a drummer. I can sing while I play guitar and I have another guitarist but no drummer and bass player. The ones I found told me they want to do something less heavy than my plans.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:22

one of my guitarists has no time to practice till summer, so im on hold till then. That and i need a drummer. i ight have to use a machine until i find one
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:27

I want to actually have a bass player when I start playing. I even managed to get a violin player to help do some orchestral metal songs but still no luck. I can go without a drummer for a while though.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:29

yeah that would be interesting. what are your vocals like? singing, rasp, scream, growl?
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 22:35

Growl and scream are my vocals. If I try to normally sing I sound like Hetfeild in the 1990s or the singer for Avenged Sevenfold. I sound like the singer for before the dawn or the singer of lamb of god when I try to do the growl.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 23:07

I'm a Whitechapel esque when I growl. I can't scream good at sll
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySat 16 Mar - 23:49

Try to copy a singer or take advise. It was actually the only way I could sing for a while it took me a while to learn other ways other than growling and my natural singing voice.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySun 17 Mar - 9:50

Well I can sing rather well. I've only been growling for two years. But I find that I'm pretty good at it
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySun 17 Mar - 12:01

I have been growling and singing for three and a half years. I finally though have been using my own voice rather than coping other singers now though.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySun 17 Mar - 16:50

i dont copy anyones style unless im doing a cover, even then i sound different *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Daimein
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Character sheet
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal EmptySun 17 Mar - 17:03

I copy to warm up now that I got my own style down. I think in covers you should sound the sane unless you want to try to experiment with a song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal   Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrash Metal/Melodic Death Metal
Page 1 of 1