The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aspergers Syndrome

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome EmptyWed 3 Apr - 3:33

Hey everyone, i've had alot on my mind lately and decided I'd see who else here might have Aspergers Syndrome.
If so, how do you guys deal with the outside world? I've tried my best, I really have but everyone keeps dragging
Me down before I can even get past go. For two years, I've been a loner, rarely seeing my friends aside from
Going to a birthday party or Halloween, even them i'm not able to interact well. What do you all suggest I
Do to help get me back into the outside world?
Back to top Go down
Sterling Blade
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Sterling Blade

Male
Number of posts : 1356
Job : Head Security Officer and Alliance Director of the United Neopian Federation
Credits : 23818
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
RPG Name: Sterling Blade
Group:
Health:
Aspergers Syndrome Left_bar_bleue21/21Aspergers Syndrome Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome EmptyThu 4 Apr - 1:00

I know that feeling of being unable to interact or do anything, I've been able to handle mine better than most(the ADHD kinda helps with that to be honest .) my suggestion is to ignore your insecurities about socializing... Three years ago I couldn't do a damn thing with other people, but then about midway through eight grade I found a group of people who enjoyed the same things I did in the form of the school's book club so that also helped me. It also helps to force yourself to be sociable even though you don't feel you can be. Eventually you'll become used to socializing and even come to enjoy it Smile
Back to top Go down

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome EmptyThu 4 Apr - 10:42

I've already tried forcing myself to be sociable, with Aspergers alot of us are very temperamental, like an old tv. It's sort of hard to explain right now as i'm tired as fuck so i'll just write the base of what I am and why it's hard to socialize

--I seem like a robot because my voice stays in one pitch range, as well as my expression most of the time
--I avoid eye contact alot, my eyes water like crazy for some stupid ass reason
--I suck at sport because of undeveloped parts in my brain
--Lots of textures and smells drive me absolutely fucking batshit crazy

I've left some out because I can't remember anything past that right now
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male
Number of posts : 41001
Credits : 75320
Registration date : 2006-04-25

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome EmptyWed 10 Apr - 9:50

I have it as well. But I've sort of learned to deal with it. I really don't know what got me to the point I am now (I love hanging out with people) my only issue now is I get depressed easily and little things bug me if I let it. I think marching band helped me honestly. Band is a great way to interact with people. Max Dan wiz helped me as well but it became an obsession which didn't help the farther I went. All I can say us find people who are passionate about the same things you might be. For me it's music and gaming. All my friends are gaming music lovers. Really that's all I have. Just gotta learn what works and what doesn't
Back to top Go down
http://shadow.allgoo.net

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome EmptyWed 10 Apr - 9:53

Yeah, my friends and I are gaming and anime lovers- but I can't connect with them completely which is making me feel a little down on it, it's the same stuff but I just can't connect Sad

Also, gave both of you some positive rep Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aspergers Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspergers Syndrome   Aspergers Syndrome Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspergers Syndrome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadow Forum :: Chat Center :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: