The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Aetherium Wars (Open for all)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ilry
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Ilry

Male
Number of posts : 2210
Adopted Family: : Nova: my big horny Brother Sky: My awesome, loving sister. I love you both and will do everything for you two!!!
Job : Mage
Credits : 24228
Registration date : 2012-06-03

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
The Aetherium Wars (Open for all) Left_bar_bleue21/21The Aetherium Wars (Open for all) Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

The Aetherium Wars (Open for all) Empty
PostSubject: The Aetherium Wars (Open for all)   The Aetherium Wars (Open for all) EmptyMon 7 May - 23:38

On the monolithic continent of Albion, there existed three races. First were the humans, the oldest and most established race of all the three. Humans were blessed with two gifts. The first was intellect, and the ability to reason. The second, and arguably the most precious, was magic. In times long since faded, they constructed magnificent cities and roads, and spread throughout the continent. Their power, however, grew to great, and spiraled out of control. Thus the great fall of humanity occurred, and split the race into three.

To the north, in the dark lands covered in an everlasting winter, were the vampires. Though their magic had become weak after the fall, their senses were heightened to an extreme, as well as gaining the ability to control the feeble minded, enhanced strength, and great speed. They formed into many different clans, all swearing loyalty to the Strigoi, the monarchs of the vampires. The other clans filled out different roles in society, such as craftsmen, nobles, warriors and artists. The lowest in the society were the demi-human slaves, not sentient, but kept alive to feed the populous. Though powerful, the vampires have lost most of their magical talent and power, and will do anything to reclaim it.

To the south and the west lie the great forests, home to the werewolves. Instead of magic simply leaving them, their former magic transformed them into creatures able to endure, and so the wolves have. In the great forests the have formed several hundred different packs, all autonomous in their operations, save for one exception. The Silver Pelt pack held sway over the largest territory in the forests, and were sworn fealty to by all other packs. These packs are very tribalistic, though werewolves retain their human intellect, and should never be confused for simple beasts. Through spiritual ritual, they are able to preform minor magic, though their healing abilities are noted very highly among scholars.

Finally, the last race, the humans. Though most of humanity fell to vanity in power, one small kingdom remained humble and just; The Arcanian Empire. The empire sprang forth when it's founder, Ignotos Pendragon, deciphered the secrets of crystallized magic, known as Aetherium. With it, he rebuilt the great city of Magnas, and issued forth a new magical haven for all remaining mankind. This empire and the other races were at peace for millennia, until the vampires and werewolves found that they too could wield Aetherium. Thus, the Aetherium wars began. My father, Salazar Pendragon, saw the beginning of them 20 years ago, and two years after their start, I was brought into the world. I, however, might be the last hope for peace. I, unlike any human born for 2,000 years, have the innate ability to wield magic. Will there be peace at last? Or will we spiral into another fall?

Bio Information:

Name:
Sexuality (for romance and other *ahem* things):
Personality:
Personal History (be creative, the above are guidelines, and are left vague to be flushed out later):
Skills or abilities of note:
Looks (for werewolves please select a wolf form and or an anthro form):

Back to top Go down

The Aetherium Wars (Open for all)
Page 1 of 1