The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seattle's Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44703
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Nov - 20:42

Olivia:
I put the binoculars down and just settled for looking towards the building. The car he pulled up in was the only one in the whole lot and as far as I could tell, there was no one else in the building. What was a single man doing in a huge warehouse, alone?

"You think a building like this would attract the homeless population?" I asked. If its usually this empty, it would provide shelter, at the least.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Number of posts : 26686
Credits : 48075
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue21/21Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Nov - 19:59

"The outside perhaps. But it's not common for them to turn into squatters. But breaking it probably isn't easy either. The building isn't abandoned after all."

I pulled out my notebook and below the license plate number I also wrote down to check the building schematics to see if any kind of back entrance had been set up. It was poor planning on my part that I hadn't already looked into it.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Nov - 20:15

Olivia:
I was actually interested to see how easy it would be to break in. A normal warehouse would probably have really simple security measures. An underground drug ring however might have more state of the art supplies.

I grabbed my water bottle and took a sip before setting it down again. It was about now that it was going to get boring and I had no idea how he would react if I tried small talk.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Nov - 20:23

I settled in to wait. Since she was keeping an eye out front with the binoculars and camera I figured it was best she take first watch. I opened up my bag of chips and pulled out my book, starting to slowly flip through it.

I passed a couple hours that way before putting the book aside. "Time to switch. Trade places with me. I'll keep watch you take a break."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Nov - 20:29

Olivia:
"Alright," I said, putting the binoculars down. I hadn't used them the entire time, but it was started to get dark out and they helped me see.

I gathered my stuff and shoved them in the back before climbing back myself and settling down in one of the seats. "Let me known when that guy leaves in the van," I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Nov - 16:11

(( I was picturing the back of the van looking like this https://www.epicturecars.com/wp-content/uploads/epictures/pcw/pcw-1999-ford-e350-surveillance-van10.jpg Thoughts? ))

Nicolas:

I waited for her to join me in the back before climbing into the front with the spare curtains.  Setting them across the windows and the front I got it all set up and ready so the camera could still peek out and I could keep an eye on things as well.  It made the interior much darker but I hit the interior lights and settled in.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Nov - 16:35

((sounds good to me!))

I stretched my legs out of the bench seat and relaxed against the back of the van. I wanted another coffee, but I didn't want to have to go to the bathroom. I settled for one of the snacks I brought and relaxed my eyes for a moment. I wouldn't fall asleep, I just needed a second to come down from staring out the window for hours.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Nov - 18:48

I glanced back at her briefly and noted her eyes being shut. A nap wasn't a bad idea. Returning my gaze out the front I kept a look out. I used the time to make a few notes on things I saw and adjusting the camera to visually record what I was noting.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Nov - 19:00

Olivia:
I sat up when I felt myself drifting off and looked in my bag for something to entertain myself with. I grabbed my crossword puzzle and got stuck after a few minutes. "Do you know a five letter word for hand bag?" I asked, after getting myself frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 2:02

"Purse." I replied after a moment. Another car had pulled up to the warehouse, a van that unloaded a few boxes inside with the help of the man inside. I recorded the event and wrote down the license plate.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 18:03

Olivia:
I checked the word. "Yes..." I whispered, pleased that it fit perfectly. I pulled my legs up on the seat to rest the book on and I kept working, not wanting to bother him with the puzzle again.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 20:39

After the van pulled away I didn't see much else for the next few hours until the man in grey left the building, got into his car and left. "The man left. And street lights are turning on."
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 20:43

Julie:

I startled at the sound of his voice after hours of silence. "Oh yeah?" I asked, peeking through the curtain to take a look. "I guess it's normal business closing time," I said, looking at my watch. "Nothing too suspicious there."
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 20:54

"Just noting the time. You still wanting to continue?" Looking away from the warehouse I focused on her instead, trying to evaluate how she was holding up at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov - 21:00

Julie:
I shrugged and tried to look more awake than I felt. "Whatever you want to do. So far I dont see anything too suspicious here, but maybe all the shady stuff happens at night," I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 18:51

I eyed her for a moment longer, then shrugged out of my jacket and tossed it back. "Take a nap. We should continue for a bit longer just in case." I settled back into the seat and focused on keeping an eye out with the binoculars.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:43

Olivia:
His jacket landed on my lap and frowned at it before looking at him. "I can take another shift first," I offered, even though a nap sounded like heaven right now. "You've been looking out the window for hours," I said.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 19:54

"Take a nap. If I climb back there I'd probably end up taking a nap myself. This way I will have something to focus on and keep busy. I wont fall asleep while I'm working, I get the feeling you might." I countered without looking back at her.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov - 20:09

Olivia:
I wasn't gonna fight him too hard on it. I did want to take a nap. But I didn't want to slack on the job. "You wake me up if you see anything or if you want to switch," I said, leaning back and trying to get comfortable in the small space.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 2:42

After a few minutes of silence I looked back to make sure she was napping. It was dangerous to try continuing if one was tired. But I also figured it would be a nice gesture she'd looked exhausted coming into this. She was taking a chance with me, even if it was better that she didn't. The least I could do was help her get some extra sleep.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 11:45

Olivia:
I woke up and wasn’t sure how long I had been asleep for. I yawned and sat up, looking to see that my head was resting on his jacket.

I cleared my throat and looked at the front seat. “Anything new?” I asked, stretching my neck.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 11:57

"A drug deal down the street, got both of the men's faces and a license plate. Don't know if they are related to the case however." I flipped through my notepad. "A homeless man we might be able to get some information from. He wandered down the street and they are usually known to wander the same areas."

I tossed the notebook onto the driver seat and rubbed my face. "How'd you sleep?"
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 12:19

Olivia:
I tried to see the clock on ththe dashboard. “How long was I asleep?” I asked. Something told me it was longer than I wanted to sleep for. He hadnt woken me up.
Back to top Go down
Macha
Admin
Admin
Macha

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 12:26

"Nearly three hours. Nothing of note came up. And the warehouse wasn't touched. Seemed impractical to wake you for every car and every pedestrian. I think it would be good to call it for today anyway. We can do an overnight one later." Twisting in the seat I looked back at her and offered out the binoculars.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov - 15:37

Olivia:
I nodded and grabbed the binoculars from him. I started tidying up the back of the van, putting equipment back into backs and putting away my crossword puzzle. "We should run all the plates tonight and see what we get in the morning," I said, zipping up my backpack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle's Hearts   Seattle's Hearts - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle's Hearts
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next