The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On Our Own

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45818
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
On Our Own Left_bar_bleue21/21On Our Own Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 20:54

Halton’s Psychiatric Hospital for High Risk Patents was home to many kids ranging in ages from 4 to 18. Many of the patients had powers that set them apart from the rest of the world, sometimes they were powers that they couldn’t control. While it was a hospital, and they weren’t allowed to leave, it was pleasant enough, and for some it was the only home they could remember. They had to do school like everyone else, and they could take extra classes in art, or dance, or play sports in the gym. To some, the thought of leaving the place was terrifying.
One day a group of patients found an object out in the courtyard that froze them all in place, and the next thing they knew they were all waking up one the ground with a shady canopy above them and the sound of waves crashing in the distance. They had never been on their own, and never had they been in a situation where they had to take care of each other and survive on their own.

((There, not very detailed, but it will do. We can make it up from there))
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male
Number of posts : 40998
Credits : 74652
Registration date : 2006-04-25

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 21:23

Name: Will Goodnight
Powers if any: Controls fire, limited mind reading (cant read for long, but he cant control it either. its sporadic)
Personality: Will has two sides (two personalities), one tends to be the loner type, but that doesnt mean he cant be social or friendly. Typically when he isnt in class or out with is brother in the gymnasium, he sits in his room. He is also protective. Of his friends and of his brother, Jackie. Has been since they were kids.
Will's second half is usually more jittery and crazy acting. He is always in motion, psychotic movements. When he speaks it can either be very intelligent and thoughtful, or non understandable jibberish. He is more powerful when in this crazy state of mind, but also cannot control it very well. This side of Will is less caring for others, even Jackie.

Name: Jackie Goodnight
Male (again duh)
Powers: Jackie got more of the psychic powers that will has (except for mind reading). He can lift objects with his mind (which lets him throw them, and crush them or mold them into different shapes if the object can handle it).
Personality: Jackie is much more outgoing than his older brother. HE likes to have fun and be around others. Out of the two, he is more child like. He can act out and have problems with being told what to do, which can end up being bad for those around him.

Other: Jackie and Will can talk to each other telepathically with no issues. They dont like to be seperated for long. When Will is in his second mind, Jackie tries to stay away from him as Will attacked him once and left him badly burned (which can be seen from scarring on the right side of his neck and shoulder)

History/why they got locked up: When they were much younger (Will was 8 and Jackie was 6, so ten years ago), Will had his first mind swap. He went out of control and ended up burning down their house, which ended up killing their parents. When police arrived Will attacked them with his fire. Out of fear from the loud noises and the fire, Jackie ended up picking up a few police officers and throwing them into neighboring houses, when they tried to help him.

On Our Own Brothers

Will is on the left (Except with Black hair) Jackie is on the right. Swap facial expressions XD
Back to top Go down
http://shadow.allgoo.net
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 21:46

Name: Lita
Powers: She has the power to draw energy out of the people around her to create force fields.  
Personality: she’ strong willed and adventurous, and very protective of her sister.  

Mina:
Powers: She controls and creates electricity. She has problems controlling her powers when she gets too emotional had sometimes her powers overwhelm her and she passes out.  
Personality:  She can be shy, but always sweet.  She is clumsy and has a knack for getting herself into trouble.  

The girls were raised by their abusive father after their mother passed away.  One night when he came home drunk, Lita convinced Mina that they should run away from home.  They got a mile down their country road when their father caught up with them.  He was furious and shouted at them for leaving.  Mina got scared and lost control of her powers, electrocuting her father to death.  
Both girls were sent to the mental hospital because their uncle wanted nothing to do with them even though it was Mina who lost control, not Lita

On Our Own 281c5b10
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 21:54

Mina:

I shuffled around the corner quickly so as not to be seen by the ‘it’ person. A bunch of us were playing hide-and-seek in the hallways. I was dressed in knee high rainbow striped socks, a bright blue skirt and a white shirt. My style was the only way people could tell me apart from my sister who was usually dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 22:06

Will
I sat behind the guard desk as the other kids played hide and seek. The desk was the center of the halls they were playing in so i could look around and see most people. I would play, but i dont think the mind reading would float over well when i was 'it'. I see Jack looking around for a place to hide. He grins as he sees a stack of boxes on the wall across from where i saw Mina tucked away around a corner. He picks each of them up with his mind and hides, stacking them around him, keeping a cozy spot in the space it left.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 22:29

Mina:

I caught a glimpse of Jackie as the boxes stacked around him. “Gotcha!” I felt someone grab my shoulder. Derek, the one who was it. “But I hadn’t even found a spot yet!” I whined as he ran off. I pouted and turned around starting to run back to base to count but smacked into Lita instead. He gave a startled yelp as we both fall back into the boxes behind her.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 13 Aug - 22:34

Jackie
I was hiding behind my boxes when i felt the boxes move anc crumble as Mina and Lita fell through my little fort. "HEY!" I say frowning a little. "You wrecked my hiding spot." I stick my tongue out and lift them back to their feet, standing up as well
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 14 Aug - 16:25

Mina:

“I’m sorry! I didn’t see Lita coming, I didn’t mean to…” I said apologetically. “I’m it anyways, so you’d have to find a new spot.”

Lita:

“It’s lunch time guys, why don’t y’all take up your game after lunch in the courtyard. Less to damage there.” I said and hooking my arm through my sisters.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 14 Aug - 23:56

Aww. Thats no fun." I say chuckling with a playful grin. "Causing destruction and mayhem is all the fun of hide and seek in this place." I say starting to walk towards the cafeteria. "Coming Will?" I call over to my brother as I pass the guard station. He mumbles in answer, buried in a sigh as he stands and stretches a bit before walking to follow us
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptySat 16 Aug - 0:30

Lita:

“Wanna play cards while we eat?” I asked the boys as we walked together to the cafeteria. I took a deck of cards out of my pocket and shook it gently with a playful smile.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 21 Aug - 23:14

(hey super sorry just now got internet in my apartment)
As long as you dont accuse me of cheating." Will said slightly bored as he heads to the lunch line. I myself wasn't really hungry, but Will always got both of us food anyway. I go and hop into a seat, looking around at everyone in the room
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyFri 5 Sep - 15:45

Lita:

I settled next to him in line.  “Well then don’t cheat.”  I said simply.  Due to his ability it made wining card games against him rather difficult.  But it never stopped me from trying.  
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 10 Sep - 0:37

Not like he can help it." i say shrugging a bit as i wait for him to bring some food back. "so how has everything been so far today? everything as boring as ever?" i ask Lita, running a hand through my hair to get it out of my face. "ive skipped most of my classes today"
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 10 Sep - 23:33

Lita:

“Jackie, you know you’re not supposed to do that!”  I said disapprovingly.  “Besides, I like class, I don’t think it’s that boring, except math…”  
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:22

Will skips class, why cant i?" I asked her frowning, like a kid arguing back with his mother for not letting him get something from the store. Will came back with our food and i dig in, eating the cauliflower first.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 11 Sep - 22:46

Lita:

"Will shouldn't skip either." I said disapprovingly and frowned at Will across from me. Mina scooted next to me and swiped a carrot from Jackies plate. "Lita wont let me skip." She said quietly as if only talking to the boys, like I couldn't hear her.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 11 Sep - 22:54

In my defense, i know everything we are being taught already." Will says digging into his food boredly. "what game are we playing, card wise?"

I frown at Mina when she took food off my plate, "hey you have your own!" I say scowling playfully at her. "and yeah, i dont realy ask. Will doesnt leave his room most of the time. I just say im going to class and dont."

"well now i know, and if i catch you out in the halls during class ill drag you there by your ears"
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 11 Sep - 22:59

Mina:

I giggled and started into my PB&J. "Spades." My sister said as she shuffled the cards, over, and over, and over. "Deal already!" I burst out, tired of waiting. She heaved a heavy sigh then dealt out the cards.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 11 Sep - 23:05

So when do we have them transported to the island? Says they find something in the courtyard, but what should it be?)

We play cards we ate, I was doing the worst, Will and Lita were both doing well. I always sucked at cards, eventually i just gave up and folded some of the extra cards into little shapes with my mind as i watched Will and Lita bicker whenever one or the other won a hand
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptySun 14 Sep - 23:12

bump)
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyTue 23 Sep - 14:08

((Lets say its some kind of rock to make it easy =P sorry I haven't replied in a while. I've been super distracted and kinda forgot about it for a little...))

Mina:

As soon as I finished eating I jumped up and reached across the table to touch Jackie's shoulder. "Tag! You're it!" I yelled and dashed off into the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyTue 23 Sep - 20:34

(alrighty, and its ok haha)

Will
I watch as Jackie grins and takes off after Mina heading into the courtyard, shaking my head a little. "Kid cant sit still for more than 10 minutes." I say playing my hand and waiting for Lita's move.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 24 Sep - 19:54

Lita:

"Neither of them." I said without looking away from my cards. For many weeks now I had been trying to do something I called 'thinking silently' which was me trying not to think in words, but feelings so Will would no longer be able to beat me at cards, it was however, not working very well.

Mina:

I ran away as fast as I could, dogging around other students and heading for the bushes that I could hide in.
Back to top Go down
mfkrwill
Owner
Owner
mfkrwill

Male

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyWed 24 Sep - 21:21

I dont think your thinking strategy is working very well, Lita." I say chuckling a little as i won another hand. "might want to work on that more. Hard to play a game of cards without actually thinking of the cards."

Jackie
I try to go after here, dodging and weaving around other students, even forcing some apart with my telepathy. But i ended up losing her in the crowd. "Aw. whered you go!" i call out looking around
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own EmptyThu 25 Sep - 13:58

Lita:

I grumbled and shuffled the cards together. "It worked once." I muttered, though I was still unsure if that was my strategy or plain luck.

Mina:

I laughed and dashed into the bushes, crawling underneath them and staining my socks with dirt. My knee hit something hard and knocked it forward. I picked it up and turned it over in my hands, On the outside it looked like a normal rock, but on the inside it was crystallized with streaks of ocean blue, tan, and speckles of green. "Hey, Jackie!" I shouted from my bush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Our Own Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Our Own   On Our Own Empty

Back to top Go down

On Our Own
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadow Forum :: Role-Play Central :: In-Character RPs (Modern Fantasy)-
Jump to: