The Shadow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, Talk To People, Make Friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mythic Land (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female
Number of posts : 21320
Credits : 45818
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Mythic Land (closed) Left_bar_bleue21/21Mythic Land (closed) Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Mythic Land (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptyFri 29 Sep - 23:25

This world involves all sorts of mythical creatures. Some have powers or abilities related to their species. They live alongside humans but glamors allow them to go unnoticed for the most part. They can take steps to live completely in the human world, or they can separate themselves and keep to the mythic background life unknown to humans.
Some species, like vampires, keep to themselves. Mythic society shuns those who do venture out. Vampires are seen as uncivilized monsters to most people. There is still a deep-rooted sense of fear for them.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
Mythic Land (closed) Left_bar_bleue21/21Mythic Land (closed) Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptyFri 29 Sep - 23:25

Name: (current) Velaric Absin

Species: Vampire

Abilities/weaknesses: extreme strength, speed, and heightened senses.  Naturally alluring charm.  He can go out in the sunlight but it makes him very sick and if he spent a whole day he would be in danger of dying.

Description: Velaric is tall and lean.  His bone structure is well defined and chiseled.  His eyes are a gray-blue.  His hair is dark brown, almost black, and he keeps it fashionably styled.  His skin tone is very light, but not deathly so.  Looking at him one wouldn’t immediately know that he was a vampire.

About him: He pulled away from his vampire clan early after being turned. He struggled for a time but began to make connections. He has done well for himself now. He has powerful friends and he is respected among his circle. He spends much of his time now at the hotel that he owns and the nightclub within it.
He drinks blood, mostly human, that he buys from the blood bank. From time to time he will acquire a living source who willingly agrees to a contract. For the time being, he has no one.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 20521
Credits : 44683
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptyFri 29 Sep - 23:42

Name: Rye Welch 

Species: Witch

Abilities: She can manipulate objects without touching them. As a witch, she can cast spells, but they take a lot out of her. She would be extremely weak after a powerful spell. 

Description: Rye is short and curvy with long black hair. Her eyes are bright green and she skin is a warm olive color.

About her: Witches are usually found in covens, but Rye has never felt like she truly fit in to one. She went on her own at the age of 16 and never looked back. She spends most of her time at the book store she works at. She could get a better job, but she likes the one she has. She has mostly human friends buts also involved with other mystical creatures.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptyFri 29 Sep - 23:58

Velaric:

It was always nice to see an old friend, but there was something bittersweet about Vivian’s visit. She was someone completely different than she had been in her past life. The life we had been together. She died young. I couldn’t say I hadn’t contributed to her death. It was in the past now. Twenty years ago. The twenty-year-old new reincarnation of her left the club with her keeps following her. There was nothing more than friendship between us now. Her visit left me wanting more.

I sat in a corner booth of the club, watching the people move around the dancefloor, or find a pocket of conversation. I was looking for a mark. Someone new. Someone interesting. Someone different. There were plenty of fey, plenty of elven creatures, more than enough nymphs. One was enough.

I moved easily through the crowd to the bar and ordered an extra strong scotch, nothing else would touch me. This drink was enchanted by the gods they said. There were only a select few of the employees who knew that I owned the hotel, and among them, only three knew I was a vampire.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:15

Rye:
It was late. I had worked the night shift at the bookstore and a few of my coworkers wanted to go out. They had heard about some club that seemed popular. I figured I was due for a night out, so I went home to change so I could meet them at the address they gave me. 

I opened the door with a sway of my hand. I knew it would look like the wind just blew it open. I glanced around at the bar and shrugged. It seemed like as good a place as any to let loose. I made my way to the bar to grab a drink and wait for my friends.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:28

Velaric:

I noticed the girl when she came in. Her movements caught my attention. For a time, I watched her from the opposite side of the bar. Watched her order a drink and check her phone. She was waiting for someone. If she was the one I wanted tonight I should start early. Get her before her friend, or perhaps boyfriend, arrived.

“I liked your trick with the door,” I said when I moved up to the empty spot next to her. She had some magic ability, I could tell that much. She had a scent to her that suggested her abilities.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:31

Rye:
I kept the surprise off my face. A human wouldn't have noticed I did anything to to door, which led me to believe he was anything but. I turned in my seat to face a tall man who looked about my age. "Yeah...the wind is fickle thing," I answered, like I had no idea what he was talking about, unwilling to let go of my anonymity. 

I swirled my drink with the straw and raised an eyebrow at him, daring him to challenge my excuse.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:41

Velaric:

I smiled and chucked. “Right. Fickle indeed.” I leaned on the bar and looked her over for a second then back to her eyes. In my mind, I tried to decide what she was. Not fey, I knew that much. And not a goddamn nymph.

“Mind if I keep you company until you meet whoever it is you’re waiting for?” I asked wearing the same crooked smile.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:46

Rye:
I smiled and took a sip of my drink. "You can sit wherever you want. Its a free country. Or so they tell me." I said. "But if you're gonna sit there, you could tell me your name," I offered. I glanced at the door, making sure my friends werent around.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 0:54

Velaric:

“I would love to.” I pulled the bar chair out and sat facing her. “I’m Velaric.” I held my hand out to her. “And you are?” She was pretty. Her eyes especially. They had a brightness to them that had to give a hint to what she was. I had a guess, but I hadn’t met many even with my time at university.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 10:21

Rye:
I looked down at his pale hand and gently shook it. "Im Rye," I told him. "Velaric...thats an unusual name," I commented. His appearance and old fashioned name told me to guess vampire, but I wouldn't say it out loud and give myself away.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 13:13

Velaric:

“Thanks, it means “valor” in Sylvan,” I said. It didn’t. It was a vampiric name that I was given at my rebirth. My previous name was something simple, forgettable. It didn’t sound like my name anymore. “You think it sounds old fashioned, don’t you? I was named after my great-great grandfather.”
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 15:45

Rye:
I smiled and crooked an eyebrow at his response. I took a sip of my drink and looked around. "Have you been here before? I dont usually go to placed like this," i said.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 16:15

Velaric:

“Yes. I come quite often. I like the environment. Everyone is always having fun. You should see it after hours. After the regular people go home. It’s an experience.” After they shut the club down there was an exclusive show on the weekends. Only a few people were invited. These were less desirable to the general crowd. These were the kind of people who were okay with what I was, some even enjoyed it. Some were even more taboo than I.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySat 30 Sep - 23:02

Rye:
"You come here after hours?" I asked, confused. I spotted my friends walk in but instead of exiting the conversation, i turned my body away. They would find me eventually.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 0:14

Velaric:

I smiled. “I do. There’s a show tonight. Only people on a limited guest list are let in. But I’m allowed to bring a plus one.” I followed her gaze and spotted the small group of people that had just entered. Her friends presumably. That she didn’t wave them over was promising. “I could bring you, if you’re interested.”
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 0:25

Rye:
I smiled around the straw in my drink. "You mean youre want to invite me to this super exclusive party?" I asked, intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 14:57

Velaric:

“It’s not a party exactly. It’s a gathering with entertainment. Visual and otherwise.” My eyes glanced over her once more and returned to her face. “I think you’re the sort who would enjoy it, what with your-” I motioned with my fingers in the same way she had when she came in. I wasn’t fooled by her coyness.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 15:16

Rye:
To say my curiosity was peaked would be an understatement. I narrowed my eyes at his hand movement and shifted in my seat. "You have no idea what sort I am," I challenged. My eyes drifted back to his face. "Where should I meet you later?" I asked. There was no way I would miss this event now.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 16:27

Velaric:

“In the hotel lobby at three AM,” I said. It was late for someone who didn’t frequent clubs. This club closed at two and she show didn’t start until three thirty. I wondered if she would be willing to stay up that long. She didn’t look like the normal party type.

I turned to the bartender when she passed. “Put whatever Rye here orders on my tab. And her friends.” I pointed them out in the crowed. I turned back to Rye with a smile. “I’ll see you tonight?”
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 16:29

Rye:
I raised an eyebrow at his offer to pay for my friends drinks. "Yeah, I'll see you tonight," I told him with a nod. I raised my glass at him and slid off the stool. "Thanks Velaric," I said, walking past him to find my friends.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 17:04

Velaric:

I finished my drink and left it on the bar. I went to the elevator in the back of the restaurant that only staff was allowed to use. I scanned my card and entered. It took me to the penthouse suite. I went to my fridge and took out a bag of blood. I emptied the contents into a martini glass and sipped it. My closest friend always laughed when he saw me do this. Most vampires preferred to suck the blood even if it did come out of a bag.

At three I went down to the lobby dressed in a deep red shirt and black pants. The light was dimmed. Apart from the attendant, I was the only one in the large room. I settled into a couch and waited for my prey to show up.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 21:05

Rye:
I hung out with my friends for a few hours until they decided to call it a night. I made a show of grabbing a cab so they would think I went home, but I just had it take me around the block. 

I was a little early for 3am, but I went into the hotel lobby anyway and took a seat on one of the plush couches. The hotel was upscale, that much was clear. I felt slightly out of place in my work clothes.
Back to top Go down
Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin
Kayla Catch

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 23:04

Velaric:

“Hello Rye. Glad to see you made it,” I said taking a seat next to her. “It’s still a little early to go in so I hoped we could get to know each other a little more. We probably won’t be doing much talking when the show starts.” My eyes danced over her.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Roleplay God
Roleplay God
Anna

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) EmptySun 1 Oct - 23:19

Rye:
I jumped at his sudden appearance and looked him up and down. He had changed clothes. "Speaking of the show...what exactly is it?" I asked, now that there was no human ears around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Land (closed)   Mythic Land (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mythic Land (closed)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next